The name “How Far We Roam” symbolizes that no matter where the military takes Rob and I or how far away we are – our real home will always be with each other.
I once tried starting a blog when I was working for a presidential campaign in Washington, D.C., then I realized I had to sign a non-disclosure (ND) agreement, which prevented me from sharing any juicy campaign details. Womp.
So here I am again. I’m going to be sharing some of my favorite things: my life with my husband Robert, food, fashion, travel, decor and everything in between!
Hi. I’m Sara Elizabeth.
- I grew up in the great state of Texas in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I will always consider this home, even though the military will make us move everywhere!
- I have four awesome brothers and we all grew up playing golf together. I eventually was able to use my skill in college to play for an NCAA Division I Women’s golf team.
- I’ve traveled everywhere across the United States, including internationally to: Canada, Mexico and Peru. My dream is to one day visit Australia.
- One of my favorite times in my life was when I was living in Washington, D.C.. I had an internship at the Daily Signal as a reporter and was later hired to work on the communications team for one of the 2016 Presidential campaigns. Our candidate didn’t make it, but my co-workers and I had a blast!
- I met my husband Robert while we were in college (different colleges). I first met Rob in the most lovely town in the United States – Charleston, South Carolina. Robert was going to school at The Citadel and I was visiting a friend in town. We didn’t end up talking to each other or dating until quite a few months later and the rest is history.
- While attending The Citadel, Robert had a ground contract to become a Marine Corps Officer. He commissioned in May 2015 and attended TBS (The Basic School) in Quantico, Virginia in the Fall of 2015. We actually had no idea where Robert would be placed after TBS because Robert put his name in to compete for an air contract at the end of TBS. That decision would dictate his future MOS (Military Occupation Speciality) aka JOB..and where we would go next.
- Well…..he got the flight contract! Now we’re living the beautiful state of Florida on the Gulf Coast as Rob goes through Naval Aviation flight school in Pensacola.
- We raised a service puppy named Shelby in our free time once we arrived in Pensacola. Shelbs graduates from her training in December 2016. She will one day assist a veteran with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Because…Robert and I are dog people, we immediately went out and got a puppy of our own once we had to give Shelby away. That day was so hard for me, but our new German Shepherd puppy, Trigger is slowly helping to fill the small hole in my heart. Expect lots of posts about him!